This is simple yet flavorful cookies - it's sweet and tangy and chewy and crisp! What more could you want from a cookie?
- All purpose flour, 2 1/2 cups
- Baking powder, 2 tsp
- Kosher salt, 1 tsp
- Unsalt butter, 1 cup, room temperature
- White sugar, 1 1/2 cups
- Lemon Zest from one lemon
- Large eggs, 2
- Vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp
- White sugar, 2 TBS
- Confectioners sugar, 1/2 cup
- Fresh lemon juice, 2 TBS
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to a bowl and mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to wet mixture, one at a time and beat until well incorporated before adding the next one. Followed by vanilla extra and lemon zest.
- Gradually add flour to the wet mixture while the mixer is running at low speed. Scrap down the sides of mixing bowl as necessary and mix flour until well incorporated.
- Shape cookie dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in the remaining 2 TBS sugar and place on baking sheet with room between dough balls for expansion.
- Bake cookies for 10 mins or until lightly browned. Cool cookies on the sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cook completely.
- While cookies are cooling, make lemon glaze by whisking together confectioners sugar and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
- When cookies are cooled to room temperature, drizzle lemon glaze over cookies and wait a few minutes until glaze is set.